Beginning from the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform version 184.108.40.206, the license file functionality has been removed from the product. Customers are licensed according to the current agreement in effect for the products purchased including, but not limited to, quantities and license term. Entitlements continue to be enforced by image pull secret.
The StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform used a license file as part of provisioning access to the product with all supported versions prior to 220.127.116.11.
Contact your sales representative or StackRox support if you don’t have a license and need an older version of StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform.
When your license expires, the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform goes into a locked state. In the locked state:
- All logged-in users are logged out automatically.
- Users won’t be able to log in.
- The API stops working.
- All policy assessment and enforcement actions stop.
- Only the license upload function works.
To unlock the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform, activate your license. You can upload your license by using:
- Open the StackRox portal.
- Select Upload New License Key, and upload your license file.
roxctlcommand-line interface (CLI):
If you are using macOS or Linux, make the file executable:
chmod +x roxctl
Save your license text into a file.
Apply your license:
export ROX_LICENSE_FILE=<path-to-license> export ROX_CENTRAL_ADDRESS=<address-with-port> roxctl -e "$ROX_CENTRAL_ADDRESS" -p $(cat stackrox/password) central license add --license=@"$ROX_LICENSE_FILE"
- Licenses aren’t specific to individual installations of StackRox Central. You can use the same license to redeploy StackRox Central.
- When you update the license, the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform uses the old license until it expires. After its expiry, the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform automatically applies and uses the new license.
We're happy to help! Reach out to us to discuss questions, issues, or feature requests.