The StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform includes a set of default policies that provide broad coverage to identify security issues and ensure best practices for security in your environment.
These default policies have pre-configured parameters and belong to categories such as:
- Anomalous Activity
- Cryptocurrency Mining
- DevOps Best Practices
- Network Tools
- Package Management
- Security Best Practices
- System Modification
- Vulnerability Management
You can edit these categories or create your own categories. When you create your own category, a new widget displays information about that category on the Dashboard.
To view the default policies:
- Navigate to Platform Configuration > System policies.
The Policies view lists the default policies and includes the following parameters for each policy:
- Name: a short name for the policy.
- Description: a longer, more detailed description of the alert for the policy.
- Lifecycle: corresponds to which phase of the container lifecycle (build, deploy, or runtime) this policy applies, and the phase at which enforcement would be applied (if enabled).
- Severity: a ranking of the policy (Critical, High, Medium, or Low) for the amount of attention required.
We're happy to help! Reach out to us to discuss questions, issues, or feature requests.